[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Cliff Bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Mon Dec 29 10:18:30 EST 2008

Nothing like coming late to the party but I'd not been keeping up with the
list and I had 300+ emails to go through.  That's a lot of reading and after
plowing through it, I believe that this proposal adds complexity to ARIN's job
and offers nothing to the world.  I don't believe a regulatory group should be
in the market of the group they're regulating.  It seems like there are too
many chances for conflicts.  Let the market forces work.  All the proposals
regarding new ways of transfering network numbers require that the existing
justifications be met so speculators should can't just buy numbers.  Let those
who need numbers find them.  They'll have the most incentive to find something
that they're willing to obtain by whatever means they feel appropriate.
(money, discounts on XXX, free YYY for n years etc)  This proposal ties ARIN
hands in terms of allowing flexible market forces to work.

I don't think it will work and it adds too much bureaucracy for ARIN.

Cliff

--
Cliff Bedore
7403 Radcliffe Dr. College Park MD 20740