[arin-ppml] IPv4 is depleted today

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Sat Aug 30 10:04:39 EDT 2008

> I don't have to; IPv6 was built into our requirements for our
> last tech refresh,

> Probably not as a separate project, but if your not doing a
> tech refresh in the next 2 years or so why didn't you include
> IPv6 in your last tech refresh?  The writing was on the wall.

That is a darn good question and one which I expect stock market
analysts to be asking before the year is out. Apparently in some
large publicly traded companies, management screwed up and did
not include IPv6 in their technology refresh other than as an
afterthought. Those companies are going to have very tough times
in two to three years, their share values will plummet, and their
customers will suffer as well.

If this is the case, then it is better for all of us if market analysts
ask the tough questions now and spur senior management into
incorporating
IPv6 into the company's survival plan. There is still enough time for
these companies to avoid financial disaster and shareholder lawsuits if
they act soon.

--Michael Dillon