[arin-ppml] IANA IPv4 /8 burn rate....

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu Aug 28 19:42:01 EDT 2008

But those devices still themselves require IP addresss.  Thus the
statement your really trying to say is:

"...enterprising folks will find a way to increase the
 devices-per-GLOBALLY-UNIQUE-IPv4-address ratio as IPv4..."

In actual fact, the enterprising folks sidestepped this by
increasing the number of globally unique addresses so that
IP addresses would not become more costly to obtain.

  Since either way fixes the problem why is yours more desirable?

  Everyone who assumes that moving to IPv6 would be better
has I think already provided a boatload of arguments as to why
their way would be better.

  But I have not really heard any arguments from the people who
want to stay with IPv4 as to why their way would be better.

Ted