[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Annual WHOIS POC Validation

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Aug 27 15:21:25 EDT 2008

Well, Michael, you have a great point.

In fact, I have copied and pasted your suggestion here into the
ARIN suggestion webform and submitted it.  Here is what
I submitted:

"If ARIN would add a "last contacted date" to the whois database, and begin
a process of contacting all orgs that have not been contacted in over a
year, it would help the rest of us who use the whois database."

Per the suggestion response rules I will get a response
within 10 days.  I will post the response here.

We will know within a month if ARIN wants this submitted via
policy or your way - via suggestion.

If ARIN takes me up on it, and implements the additional
field before the meeting next year that would consider
both Chris and my proposals, and starts filling it in,
then I think that both Chris and I would withdraw both our
proposals.

But if they don't, then I think you better make up your mind
which proposal to support.  Or, tell the list the REAL reason
you don't want the POC's e-mail addresses verified.

Ted