[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Authentication Alternatives

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Tue Aug 26 14:49:49 EDT 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>> I suspect the half of the towns people who set decent rules and
>> tried to preserve the commons will be relatively unsympathetic at
>> that point in time that those who have avoided participating in
>> society and openly mocked them are now receiving their just rewards.

> kiddies, get a clue.  many folk with legacy space were building the
> internet while you were still in nappies.  we think it is you who are
> pissing on the commons.

I don't disagree.  But I don't think that ARIN should spend time/
resources trying to help people who aren't paying members.  Basic
conservative approach.

It's not like any of these individuals (who are still alive and
frankly are mostly active in ARIN today) are unaware of ARIN or that
the legacy RSA exists.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek