[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Annual WHOIS POC Validation

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:05:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Kevin Kargel <kkargel at polartel.com> wrote:
> Even 180 days would not be excessive considering we are dealing with a
> situation that has existed for decades already.  Another six months is not
> going to tip the canoe.

I thought about this in two ways.  First, I considered vacation or
other time off.  Then I shortened the time when I asked myself the
question; what if I needed to contact this POC for a real issue?
Would waiting 6 to 8 weeks be reasonable?

I am not opposed to lengthening the response time at all, as long as
both aspects are considered.  I would like to do more than to just get
whois better than it is now, although I agree that initially that is
probably all that is needed.

I did not want to get to complicated but maybe abuse contacts should
have one response time set and others a longer allowance (I don't
really like that idea though).  Or perhaps the time should only be
specified as being /equal for all/ and then let ARIN staff adjust it
year to year, based on the number of false positives from the years
before.

~Chris

--
Chris Grundemann