[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Annual WHOIS POC Validation

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Aug 25 16:04:51 EDT 2008

The whole point of having an e-mail address on the POC is in
case there is a problem with the addressing, it allows other
admins on the Internet who are suffering the ill effects of
the troublesome IP range to e-mail the holder of the range and
get them to fix the problem.

180 days turnaround time for me e-mailing an address holder
because he has an attacker who has hijacked those ranges and
is DDoSing me to death, it totally unacceptable and is making
a mockery of the requirement for address holders to have
current contact info.

Ted