[arin-ppml] Legacy RSA (was: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal)

Craig Finseth craig.finseth at state.mn.us
Thu Aug 21 11:50:52 EDT 2008

   Not an issue.  ARIN can't prevent you from breaking the law with those
   addresses (i.e., we don't control your content), but it would be bad for
   ARIN to continue providing service to an entity knowing they had used
   that service to break the law.

Does ARIN really want to be in the business of investigating crimes?

Of course, if a customer says "I am breaking the law," I have no
problem with ARIN terminating service.  But, I don't see that ARIN can
or should be in the business of attempting to deterine guilt or
innocence.  Absent a court order, I don't think ARIN should be taking
any positive action.

Craig