[arin-ppml] Legacy RSA (was: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal)

heather skanks heather.skanks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 00:51:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Howard, W. Lee <
Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com> wrote:

> Bill Herrin said:
> > An "evil" ARIN eh? Hmm, let's see...
>
> I know, it's a contradiction in terms.
> But compare to what an evil legacy holder could do!
>
> > 4.d.ii. You host a whistleblower site on the IP addresses
> > through which classified information is leaked. Having broken
> > the law in a manner associated with the IP addresses, an evil
> > ARIN is permitted to cancel your registration, at which point
> > the IP addresses revert to ARIN's control.
>
> I see your point that that would be aggressive application of the
> clause, but really. . .  you broke the law, you don't have my
> sympathy.

I believe Bill Herrin's example has to do with content - and it appears
there is a seperate section in the LRSA about that.  My guess is "Evil ARIN"
couldn't have it both ways.. revoking you for content and disavowing control
over content?

4.e:  Content Control. Legacy Applicant acknowledges that content
transmitted over the Internet occurs in real time. Accordingly, ARIN does
not have the ability to control content accessible through or facilitated by
those who receive number resources, directly or indirectly, from ARIN.