[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Aug 19 17:49:34 EDT 2008

This corresponds to my assessment of the proposal, too. I would like to
hear from the proposer.
Is the purpose of this proposal to:
a) prevent hijacking of address blocks or
b) to pressure all address block holders to sign an RSA?

________________________________

	Therefore, the only possible result of this language that I can
currently fathom would be, in effect, the forcible conversion of non-RSA
legacy holders into RSA participants, under the misguided assertion of
increased whois update confidence.

	Milton Mueller
	Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
	XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
	Internet Governance Project:
	http://internetgovernance.org <http://internetgovernance.org/>