[arin-ppml] [Remco.vanMook at eu.equinix.com: [address-policy-wg] new policy idea for PA allocations]

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Thu Aug 7 13:46:28 EDT 2008

I would like to see ARIN staff provide some input.  While I can see the
resulting allocations of how they fill a /8, I don't have any idea how
that process works in real time.  How they chop it up, manage requests
of different sizes, reserve blocks, etc.

If there is one thing I have learned about "making things easier
for staff" ideas, its going to staff first.  Usually the first
assessment of this being "more or less" work for staff is 100%
wrong.

The first question is simple: If the policy stays as-is, what does
staff intend to do when they get a request larger than they can
provide in a single block?