[ppml] FW: No transfer policies are needed

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Apr 21 18:21:52 EDT 2008

I sometimes wonder if an ulterior motive of many of the proponents
of indefinitely staying the execution of IPv4, and keeping it
viable for a great many years after it should have been laid to
rest, is to create a situation where the organizations w/o IPv4
are forced to contract with an organization that HAS IPv4 and get
a delegation from it.  Perhaps they are dreaming of one day extracting
a living like a lamprey does - by bleeding cash away from those
ISP's by renting them IPv4 for an indefinite period at very high rates
of money?

Perhaps if the proponents of an "IPv4 market" would care to state what
they think the expected price of an IPv4 block would go for, say, 3
years after IPv4 runout, might this be illuminating?

Ted