[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-21: Last Call

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Apr 15 16:28:58 EDT 2008

On 15 Apr 2008 Leo Bicknell wrote:

> This policy is currently in "Last Call", which is the last opportunity
> for the community to raise objections to the policy or the process
> followed to get it here.
>
> Do you believe there's any reason this policy should not be
> implemented, or that the process was not followed?
>
> What I'm hearing is that you would like to explore other policies
> (e.g.  "Have an AS?  Here's your /48.", but that you have no specific
> problems with this policy.  If that's incorrect, please let us know;
> that's why we have this comment period!

I think you are correct, this policy should proceed and a policy to provide
anyone assigned an AS# a /48 is a separate different proposal, good or bad
as your opinion of it may be, and should not impede the progress of this
proposal.

While I personally do not totally agree with some of the restrictions, I believe
they are the communities consensus.  And even with the restrictions it will
eliminate potential impediments for a few groups to move to IPv6.

David Farmer				Email:	farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota			Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			Cell:	612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		FAX:	612-626-1818