[ppml] Revision to 2008-3

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Apr 4 07:09:36 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 07:08:10PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > the first point is that creating/enforcing a special class
> > has a whole raft of problems, esp since there is precident
> > for migration of stewardship between bodies w/ different
> > operational/business models.
>
> does current policy handle when a size x lir becomes a size y lir?  does
> it handle when an end site becomes an lir?

	the proposed text would prohibit certain transfers
	based on business model.  my red flag/herring was
	to point out that such transfers have occured in the past
	and that identification/enforcement of such prohibitions
	could be problematic.

	there is text in come parts of policy that ambigious,
	hence the current discussion.

> > 	point the second, the term "Internet Service Provider"
> > 	should not be presumed to have a specific operational
> > 	or business model, e.g. customers that buy services.
>
> ok, ok.  but, as soon as the rice finishes cooking, we're having shrimp,
> not red herrings for dinner over here.

	some folks seem to be confused on the point.
	shrimp & rice are very nice... here, we are
	steaming tamales for breakfast.  no seafood in sight.