[ppml] Revision to 2008-3

Steve Bertrand steveb at eagle.ca
Thu Apr 3 17:06:22 EDT 2008

I disagree that a third designation is necessary at all. What happens if
for any reason a non-profit 'community' network operator folds, and a
commercially driven ISP buys up their assets?

My opinion is that any entity providing any form of Internet service
should be classified as an Internet Service Provider.

> Unlike your cable operator a community network doesn't
> have customers, it has members.

Whether the user of the service is classified as a 'member' or a
'customer', both designations could be put under an umbrella called
'subscriber'.

Steve