[ppml] IPv6 flawed?

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Sep 17 12:23:22 EDT 2007

 I personally have no opposition to IPv6 "private space, so long as it
is private and not routable.  Where I do have problems is where people
want pseudo-routable space that is uniquely assigned and registered and
advertised.  That is just an end run around PI/PA.

The renumbering issue is handled nicely within IPv6 by using the network
prefix functionality.  IPv6 interfaces by design can hold multiple
addresses, and can superimpose a network prefix on the most significant
portion of one or more of those addresses. By numbering the least
significant portion and using the prefix, renumbering becomes trivial.

Kevin