[ppml] Is this Lame or what?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Sep 11 20:51:31 EDT 2007

John I disagree - the ISP should only be contacted by ARIN after an
attempt is made to contact the ISP by the complaintant and the ISP
has proven nonresponsive.

>And the overriding rationale for all of this is that the one lame /24
>is causing issues (like timeouts) for other people on the internet.
>
>Its like sending 4 kids to school. 3 have their books and homework,
>and 1 has nothing. The 1 kid with nothing will cause issues for the
>teacher and the rest of the class. Now is it as bad as sending all 4
>kids to school if all 4 had no books or homework... No. But its still
>bad, and the parents should be called in for a teachers meeting due
>to their irresponsibility!

No this isn't an exact analogy because the privacy laws basically
prevent other parents from contacting the parent of the kid without his
homework (since the teachers are prohibited from discussing the
kid with other parents) so the school has to be the one to call the
bad parent.

Ted