[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-24: IPv6 Assignment Guidelines

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Sep 5 20:18:26 EDT 2007

In a message written on Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 11:08:15AM -0700, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> I would hope that ARIN staff would interpret "Assignments greater than
> /48 will be reviewed" to mean that they would review the assignments
> only if/when the LIR asks for additional IPv6 address space.  (That's my
> interpretation of the intent of the proposal.  If the Author's intent
> differs, please speak up.)

It's probably not wrong to think about it that way, but that's not
exactly my intent.  ARIN today does sometimes do reviews outside
of a renewal request.  I don't know when those occur today, but
they would also be an appropriate time.

I don't think this language would increase (or decrease) the number
of times ARIN would ask for the information, it just clarifies what
they will ask for when they do ask.  I'm not interested in changing
the frequency of review, just clarifing what happens when there is
a review.