[ppml] Legacy /24s

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Sun Sep 2 15:48:59 EDT 2007

I do not have anywhere close to enough knowledge about now all of this
works to evaluate your $17k per year number.

What I'm claiming is that the cost implementing IPv6 is significantly
higher than the cost of the hardware, and it is the difficult to
quantify costs, such as tying one's IP addresses to a single ISP, that
are going to impede IPv6 adoption.

You claim that letting too many organizations have Provider Independent
address space adds cost to everyone.

I claim that without PI space, there are a lot of small to medium size
business that are going to be more reluctant to adopt IPv6.

We could both be correct, in which case the ARIN policy question is what
set of policies promote IPv6 sufficiently without overwhelming the
infrastructure?

Keith

Keith W. Hare                     JCC Consulting, Inc.
keith at jcc.com                     600 Newark Road
Phone: 740-587-0157               P.O. Box 381
Fax: 740-587-0163                 Granville, Ohio 43023
http://www.jcc.com                USA