[ppml] Legacy /24s

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sun Sep 2 12:24:04 EDT 2007

On Sep 2, 2007, at 1:26 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> and i don't mind griping, either, even though at the end of the day
> we're all
> going to have to deploy it, no matter how we feel, warts and all.
> perhaps
> DRC would choose "vastly increased NATism" now that IPv6's warts
> are really
> showing,

Not sure why you think these are either/or.  I suspect the answer
will be vastly increased NATism _and_ IPv6 deployment.  ISPs will
likely migrate their infrastructure to IPv6 without too much pain
(reusing the IPv4 addresses for customer assignments and using IPv4
tunneling).  The vast majority of end users will continue to use IPv4
+ NAT.  The real challenge I see is figuring out how to convince
content providers that they need to spend the money to add IPv6
support along side their IPv4-based content.

> but from an industry standpoint, that's just sooooo not an option.

Sorry, which industry is that?

Regards,
-drc