[ppml] ripe-55/presentations/bush-ipv6-transition.pdf

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Oct 26 12:47:16 EDT 2007

> Start at http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2007-October/009369.html
> and read the thread through
> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2007-October/009383.html.
>  It documents harm to the US political process in 2006 as a
> direct result of this heirarchical aggregation approach.

I don't see it documenting any harm. It sounds to me like network
engineer who doesn't understand networking 101 didn't realize that
you cannot take IP addresses with you when you move and therefore
made some serious mistakes in infrastructure that did not allow
the customer (Democrats?) to renumber easily.

> Why is it bad? Its bad because those customers get hurt.

Then they should transition to IPv6, get a /48, and build their network
so that it can easily renumber if that /48 prefix changes. No more pain.

--Michael Dillon