[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-21: PIv6 for legacy holders with

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Thu Oct 18 13:55:42 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Andrew Dul <andrew.dul at quark.net> wrote:
> >  I oppose the policy proposal because all it really serves to do
> >  is grandfather the special treatment of legacy IPv4 space holders
> >  into the IPv6 world.
>
> This is the exact reason I also opposed the policy.

Andrew,

To me, the most important thing is that the fresh start actually
happen. I don't think that's inevitible. Double-NAT can be made to
work and when it does, 4B addresses is enough.

To my way of thinking, refusing to in some way grandfather the IPv4
legacy users, especially the multihomed ones, qualifies as "cutting
off your nose to spite your face."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--