[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-17: Legacy Outreach and Partial Reclamation

Sam Weiler weiler at tislabs.com
Wed Oct 17 17:30:43 EDT 2007

I support 2007-17.

I believe the community is best served by accepting returned address
space (and swapping address space for smaller and/or aggregatable
blocks) with as few restrictions as possible.  I specifically like the
"no RSA" part of this proposal.

I think signing of any agreement with ARIN, even the proposed Legacy
RSA, is an impediment to returning resources -- if I personally held
legacy space, I'd be very reluctant to do it.

The particular proposal text may need further work, particularly to
address the NRPM section 4.7 confusion identified by staff.  I'd also
prefer to see the policy not mention the RSA specifically but instead
say "any agreement".  (I used broad language like that on 15 May 2006
as part of the "Requirement for Reasonable Contract Terms" policy
proposal.)

-- Sam