[ppml] Posting of Legacy RSA and FAQ

Dean Anderson dean at av8.net
Sun Oct 14 15:20:04 EDT 2007

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007, Aaron Dewell wrote:

> My interpretation of this is that you are not really looking for
> increased _fairness_ from ARIN, as by applying roughly the same (lack
> of) rights to all, they pretty much fufill the definition of fair.  Your
> dispute is that you want more protection of your blocks, property,
> rights, whatever.  That's a separate issue than "fairness".

'Fairness' in a contract means that both sides have some rights. A
contract must be a 'fair bargain' to be valid. Indeed, a contract that
gives no rights to one party is invalid.  The RSA (both I suspect) could
be invalid for that reason.

Fairness between legacy terms and non-legacy terms, fairness of pricing
between a small non-legacy allocation and a large non-legacy allocation
are about the differences between one contract an another contract.
But such differences don't generally make the contracts invalid, no
matter how unfair the differences in the terms between one contract and
another contract are.

I don't think the Legacies have an unfair deal, despite the differences
in terms. Legacies are just reaping the benefits of the sweat and toil
and risk that non-legacies didn't contribute to, but still benefited
from.

		--Dean

617 344 9000