[ppml] [arin-announce] Legacy RSA

Steve Bertrand steveb at eagle.ca
Fri Oct 12 19:52:02 EDT 2007

> My legacy block has real value, replacement value, since it would
> take large amounts of my and other people's time (time *is* money) to
> replace it.

Out of curiosity, at what point do the savings equal or exceed the cost
of renumbering to yourself, your clients and/or the community?

Although I am a learning rookie here, I do have a desire to learn.

When will this price point reach the stage that it costs more to hold
the legacy space as opposed to switch over?

I've renumbered several networks. It can be a *very* costly business (or
profitable, depending on which side of the fence one is on). However,
are you willing to hold on to the legacy space until it becomes a
liability as opposed to a cost saving? When do you forsee the straw
begin to bend the opposite way?

Steve