[ppml] Proposal for the creation of a working group.

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Wed Oct 10 10:39:22 EDT 2007

Thus spake "Leo Bicknell" <bicknell at ufp.org>
> There's no mechanism (in any RIR that I know of) to say "We
> approve this policy, and will put it in our policy manual as soon
> as all 5 RIR's have approved it."

What is stopping someone from putting "Upon adoption by all other RIRs" in
the "Timetable for implementation" slot of the policy template?  We could
pass a proposal but it wouldn't go into the NRPM or be implemented by staff
until that occurred.  Given how nearly all proposals give a timetable of
"immediately", such a trick seems like the only purpose for having that
field...