[ppml] Counsel statement on Legacy assignments?

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Oct 9 01:33:27 EDT 2007

At 12:51 AM -0400 10/9/07, Dean Anderson wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, John Curran wrote:
>
>> At 8:08 PM -0400 10/8/07, Dean Anderson wrote:
>> >BTW, Curran has corrected himself: There is indeed no formal statement
>> >on the subject from ARIN counsel. I've asked for a formal statement to
>> >be produced, but haven't heard back whether they will do that.
>>
>> Dean - The request was noted and will be brought before the Board.
>
>Good. When can we expect to have this statement?

I will bring the matter to the Board.  I do not know the
outcome at this time.

>None of this is very definite.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble assessing the situation
and have heard the request for formal statement as noted
above.

>Someone should inform the IETF that Sprunk and Curran have misled them.
>
>The transcript is here
>http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XIX/ppm1_transcript.html#anchor_13

Alas, Dean, I've given you my assessment, as has Steven.  As the full
transcript is online, so each may judge the situation on their own, and
decide accordingly.

/John