[ppml] ARIN IP conservation and FREE IP Addresses

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Sat Oct 6 19:34:07 EDT 2007

Thus spake "Randy Bush" <randy at psg.com>
>> Is it just me, or does it seems like everybody wants to raise
>> fees on somebody else?
>
> and, as arin does not seem to be hurting for income, it would
> seem these efforts are motivated by some kind of anger /
> vengance or political goals.

Perhaps some commenters are motivated by such, but I'm only asking for a fee
schedule that would provide a more fair (i.e. less anticompetitive) and more
efficient result.

I don't propose ARIN increase its revenues.  If we charged per IP as opposed
to the current tier structure, the vast majority of ARIN members would see
their fees go down.

(Perhaps a small flat fee, say $500/yr, plus a per-IP fee.  That covers the
fixed cost of dealing with an org in terms of billing and contracts, their
"free" membership, etc.)