[ppml] Counsel statement on Legacy assignments?

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri Oct 5 11:07:28 EDT 2007

After months of reading "interesting" email about legacy holders, what
direct communication has happened to these organizations to bring them into
the fold?  Until they are here (or a party to another less general list) the
discussion continues to be engaged by only the mostly non-affected elite.

In this forum the discussions are typically emotional, theoretical and
rarely based on facts.  This is typical of a guidance list.  It's good to
get ideas bounced around and get the input from a wide audience.

Could some effort be spent on getting the attention of the legacy holders
and establish a communication channel with them?  You have maybe a dozen
[individual] readers here with legacy holdings.  I'll suspect that we're not
the majority and we surely can't speak for the balance.

Until they're present and a part of the process this discussion continues to
be little more than "us" and "them" and clearly without community
perspective.

peter