[ppml] Suggestion for ARIN to deligate smaller IP blocks

John Paul Morrison jmorrison at bogomips.com
Thu May 31 19:06:29 EDT 2007

What about splitting the difference and resubmitting with /23? Or
demonstrate existsing multi-homing with a non-PI /24?

I thought 2007-6 was very pragmatic. I've seen plenty of customers move
to getting their own ASNs and being multi homed in every sense
except being forcibly tied to one of their upstreams by not having PI
address space.

I probably shouldn't be surprised at the knee-jerk response against
2007-6, but I was surprised to see it go down in flames after so little
apparent discussion and opposition.