[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Tue May 22 17:56:21 EDT 2007

On Apr 29, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Alex wrote:
> Actually, no, not the only reason, just one reason. The main reason
> I would
> like PI space is so that I can excercise freedom of choice among
> upstream
> ISPs without having to renumber, and so that I will not again be in
> danger
> of losing my livelihood when my upstream goes out of business or is
> bought.

If you are in danger of losing your livelihood because of a forced
renumber, then you need to determine what about your business creates
that dependancy and fix it.

Renumbering is fairly trivial.  This whole idea that renumbering is
painful and difficult has no basis in reality except for people who
hardcode IP addresses into their applications, and ARIN does not have
to accept ridiculous actions like that.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek