[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Soft Landing

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun May 20 17:47:29 EDT 2007

On 20-mei-2007, at 23:02, <michael.dillon at bt.com>
<michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> Why does ARIN not issue press releases to the technology press on a
> regular basis with statistical highlights?

They publish statistics on their FTP server every DAY.

People like me then download these and create stuff like this:

http://www.bgpexpert.com/addrspace2006.php

Let me know if there is anything you feel could be added or
clarified, or if publishing this more than once a year would be useful.

> This is the kind of information that needs to be on the desks of
> decision-makers because without the information, they cannot make
> decisions on the matter.

I should hope that people who don't know how to find this information
aren't in a position to make decisions about it.