[ppml] getting converts to V6

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Wed May 16 13:23:26 EDT 2007

Small danger that IPv6 will not emerge if it is the best option for
those wishing to communicate in the future.

I am in favor of support for v6 and have supported the waiver of fees.
I have been vocal in support of PI v6 space as I believe end users
should not be penalize for a failing routing protocol.  IPv6 has been
emerging for 10 years and IPv4 has been dwindling for the same amount of
time.  What remedy is it to give legacy holders another legacy block and
have them outside of the system the industry endorses as the means to
provide fair and professional oversight to Internet number resources?

Let them step up, apply for space and get it.

Should we pay them to take it, pay them to use it?

bd