[ppml] help with the acronyms?

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Mon May 14 14:31:48 EDT 2007

Hi Kyle,

Alas, the bane of TLAs (three letter acronyms).

There are good reference books that reference many (like Newton's
Telecom Dictionary) but are always out of date by the nature of things.
Wikipedia also has many, but generally only for larger scope entities.
ARIN has been underway for a while at creating a glossary.

I find that you can generally get the answer you want by simply doing a
web search with your favorite tool and by including one other 'context'
item....using Google.. ULA + IPv6 gives you a reference, RIR is second
on the list, NRO is fourth on the list, but adding IP gets it up to
number 1, ASO is harder.... ASO + addresses, works fine.... MoU comes up
first when searched.

Of course, asking on the list is not forbidden and most would be happy
to respond to your inquiry without derision.

Finally, many of these entities referenced often in relation to ARIN and
addressing policy can be found (along with context) under Reference
Documents off the main page of the ARIN website www.arin.net

Hang in there Kyle....we need you on the list and involved with
addressing policy!

Bill Darte
ARIN AC (Advisory Council)