[ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources comments

Azinger, Marla marla.azinger at frontiercorp.com
Fri May 11 14:38:52 EDT 2007

Proposal: Reclamation of Number Resources.  Good job!  I would support this policy.  I just have a few comments/concerns.

I like this proposal and I think the location of it should possibly change in the NRPM.  This proposal should be for both IPv4 and IPv6.  Is there any reason that this cant be a general policy no matter what type of IP addresses are being used?
In fact...I think section 4.1 General principles could be moved out of IPv4 section and just be "general" with a few rewrites in the individual subject matters.  I realize that is another task but the point is I think this policy should speak for all IP addresses and not just one version.

Here are my comments specific to the proposal text.

	Line Item 4: I am not sure if the words "whole Delegation" is clear enough.  Do you mean a /24?  Or do you mean the exact Supernet they were Allocated or Assigned ie a /18 or /12?  I think you mean the latter...

>may return any number of whole delegations necessary to restore
compliance.<

	Line Item 5: Just out of curiosity...what would the staff operational factors of this be?  Would they null route these forced reclaims?

>ARIN may revoke any resources as required to bring the
organization into compliance.<

	Line Item 6:  This just kinda reads rough.  Maybe a more simple way of saying it would be:  Return or revocation of resources will be reflected in billing immediatly.

>Return or revocation of resources shall be immediate for
billing purposes.<

Cheers!
Marla