[ppml] 240/4

bmanning at karoshi.com bmanning at karoshi.com
Thu May 3 21:44:49 EDT 2007

> I strongly endorse a new rfc to open up 240/4 as routable
> unicast address space, and am happy to assist in the authoring
> project.
>
> ,

	again, if you think this is useful idea, TRY IT OUT.
	then document the effects and what needs to be changed
	before writing a wellmeaning but worthless document.

	i suggest that you attempt to use 240.240.240.0/24
	on a subnet in your local infrastructure and then tell us
	the results.  a more interesting case is when you route
	between 240.240.240.0/24 and 240.77.77.0/24 ... real data
	would be most helpful in this debate.

	in my case:

# ifconfig eth1 240.240.42.14
SIOCSIFADDR: Invalid argument

on a couple of Linux 2.4.x kernels.  (old i know)

--bill