[ppml] 240/4

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu May 3 04:57:59 EDT 2007

> To the list of win 9x systems, you may add a lot others, think embeded
> systems that have old stacks... Testing those systems for
compatibility
> with 240/4 will also take quite some time.

This is a policy list not a technology list. We really can't dig into
the technical issues of testing what is compatible and what is not. All
we can do is make policies that create possibilities and the 240/4 RFC
is the same sort of thing. When you are creating possibilities, it is
irrelevant that the possibilities are not easy to realize or that not
everyone can make use of them. We need an RFC to release the 240/4 space
and give people permission to test it and use it if they find value in
it.

--Michael Dillon