[ppml] 240/4

Durand, Alain Alain_Durand at cable.comcast.com
Wed May 2 16:55:35 EDT 2007

To the list of win 9x systems, you may add a lot others, think embeded systems that have old stacks... Testing those systems for compatibility with 240/4 will also take quite some time.

In practice, 240/4 is not useable anywhere in the near future. Unfortunate but true.

Yes, this could be fixed but will take a large amount of resources from all equipment/software vendors and everybody using them to certify them.

IMHO, I'd rather like to see vendors spending their limited resources making their product fully workable with IPv6.

   - Alain.