[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-1 - Last Call

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue May 1 20:45:55 EDT 2007

> security experts" Michael Dillon likes to point to <just how does one
> recognize security experts, anyway - beanies? bowties?

I believe I mentioned that. People with GIAC certification, people who
regularly speak at security conferences, people who regularly publish
papers on security in peer-reviewed journals.

Doesn't mean that there aren't others who know a lot about security,
just that it's best to avoid arguing who is a real expert and defer to
the security community on that point.

I don't qualify under any of those criteria so, even though I have a
fairly good grasp of security matters, I wouldn't want ARIN to take any
of my advice without checking it with a "security expert". Same goes for
all the other armchair experts out there.

--Michael Dillon