[ppml] those pesky users...

G. Waleed Kavalec Kavalec at BSWA.com
Tue Mar 27 17:39:25 EDT 2007

----Original Message-----
From: ppml-bounces at arin.net [mailto:ppml-bounces at arin.net]On Behalf Of
Ted Mittelstaedt
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:03 PM
To: Howard, W. Lee; Johnson, Ron; ppml at arin.net
Subject: Re: [ppml] those pesky users...

[...]

What the RIRs did was basically equivalent to the telephone company
announcing that due to the need to go to 10 digit dialing, they were
going to change every telephone number in the book to something
completely unlike what the prior number was.

[...]

Except that the old numbers AREN'T going away.

Like I have my 800-123-4567 phone.V.10 number, but
if I want more I can get a block of new improved
phove.V.20 numbers...

   888888-112233-44000000
    thru
   888888-112233-44999999

...real cheap.

Of course you'll have to go through a special service
to call any of your old friends with old phones.

--
Greg Kavalec
System Architect