[ppml] those pesky users...

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Tue Mar 27 12:07:07 EDT 2007

How vast?  How great?

http://www.arin.net/billing/fee_schedule.html

ARIN has been waiving fees for IPv6 allocations for members [1]
for several years.  That waiver expires at the end of this year.
Fees for IPv6 assignments are all-but-waived, at $500; same
expiration.

As an ISP, the minimum allocation you would receive is a /32 [2];
as an end-user, the minimum assignment would be a /48 [3].

What more can we do?

Lee

[1] Members mean organizations with allocations, or people/
organizations who pay a $500 annual membership fee.
[2] 2^32 subnets (each subnet being 2^64 addresses).
[3] 2^16 subnets (each subnet being 2^64 addresses).