[ppml] Policy Proposal: 2007-12 IPv4 Countdown Policy Proposal

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Wed Mar 21 18:25:08 EDT 2007

Thus spake "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at ipinc.net>
>>From: Alex Huppenthal [mailto:alex at aspenworks.com]
>>
>>Have we talked about a trade-out program?
>
> A trade-out program would be an IPv4 reclamation idea along with
> many others.

Did you not notice that we _already have_ a trade-in program, and that some
nice folks have already taken advantage of it?  It even lets folks keep
their fee-free status if the resources they're trading in were previously
fee-free.  We also have a trade-down program as well.  However, both are
completely voluntary at this time.

BTW, I've officially submitted a "suggestion" that ARIN start proactive
reclamation efforts (2007.6).  I'll let folks here know the result if ARIN
doesn't post it publicly.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov