[ppml] PI assignment subdelegation?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Mar 20 17:04:25 EDT 2007

This is another example of one of the holes I brought up a few days
ago on this list.  If company B owns company A then they are the same
organization from one point of view.  However if the two companies
maintain separate incorporation papers then legally they are separate
entities.

I guess the question is do you want the ARIN Guidelines you cited above
to be treated as laws or merely administrative directives?  The
posts to this list appear to indicate people do not want them treated as
having the force of law.  In that case then you can interpret them as
administrative guidelines and since the one company owns the other,
company A's network is "company b's network" thus the same block can be
used for both.

Whether you would atually want to do this is a different issue.

Ted