[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv4 Countdown

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sat Mar 17 21:16:48 EDT 2007

At 3:03 PM -0700 3/17/07, David Conrad wrote:
>On Mar 17, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Howard, W. Lee wrote:
> > Those who need IP resources need to play by the community's rules.
>
>My question was whether or not this had been established in the
>Kremen case.

In this particular case, the modified court order specifies that Kremen
must agree to an ARIN registration services agreement, and hence be
bound by the community's policies.   To see if this establishes a legal
precedent, one should ask a lawyer, but it definitely upholds the theory
that "Those who need *ARIN-allocated* IP resources need to play by
the community's rules."

/John