[ppml] Getting aggressive about vetting

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Mar 16 18:42:29 EDT 2007

On Mar 16, 2007, at 2:44 PM, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

>> Feel free to have as much discussion as possible...
>> I just note that a specific proposal can really focus
>> discussion.
>
> For example, I did this a few years back:
>
> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2004-February/002569.html
> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2004-February/002571.html

As another example, I submitted 2005-1 as a thought experiment to
focus discussion on the need for IPv6 PI space to exist, and, as an
effort to discount the idea of ULA (which I still think is not a
great idea).

Though I intended it merely as an effort to get the debate and
discussion
going, it did result in useful policy at the end.  The policy that
resulted
was significantly different from the original policy proposal, but,
it was
adopted as policy after only three meeting cycles.

Owen