[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv4 Countdown

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Mar 15 14:57:30 EDT 2007

So my question for anyone to answer...
What is the 'average size' assignment today?  Given that....
If the legacy and oversized assignments of the past were 'sold or
leased' off in the IPv4 black market....
How many new routing slots would that consume....and over how much time?

MIT's /8 is conserved as a /14 or /15 for internal use...the rest is
leased to the highest bidder....that kinda thing...

bd