[ppml] Another question on Policy Proposal 2007-8

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Thu Mar 8 15:20:29 EST 2007

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Lest you think that upstream networks are blocking, think again.  We
> acquired an ISP last year connected to cogentco.  I was rather amused
> to find that I could advertise any number block I wanted through
> cogentco, they do -no- BGP route filtering of any kind, at least not
> that I could find.

Did you have bgp customers yourself?  If your upstreams don't generate
filters automatically from rr entries and you do have enough downstream
bgp customers this is not that unusual.   Some may trust that you are
filtering all of your downstream customers and some may just not care
until you start screwing up.

- Kevin