[ppml] RIR Shopping, Table Growth x5?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Jun 27 13:08:36 EDT 2007

In a message written on Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 04:26:29PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> * = though, for instance (!random example grabbing!) UUNET/MCI has
> already received about 8 /32's for different purposes globally. The
> space is easily justified by them and each /32 only covers a country,
> but I would not be surprised that they did this simply because of the
> above described problem: keeping traffic local.

I guess that's the question though.  If a company can get 8 /32's
around the world, should our allocation policies somehow allow them
to get a /29 they can subdivide into /32's from a single RIR, and
then nothing from others?  That preserves the ability to aggregate,
while the current scheme of getting them from multiple RIR's at
different times does not.