[ppml] Where to get your address space (Was: on PPML? - was Re: How to get ...)

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Fri Jun 22 18:06:54 EDT 2007

Excellent!  yea, us!

> As such the oly change that might be considered is maybe
> removing the distinction between "PA" and "PI", as it is all
> just address space, and neither of them should be broken up.

"PA" means "Provider Aggregatable," as in, "Assigned from a
provider's larger (aggregated) block."
"PI" means "Provider Independent," as in, "Not aggregated, can
be taken to other providers."  [1]
How do you remove the distinction?

Inferring from the previous paragraphs. . . do you think
all address assignments should be directly from the RIR?

> The problem that I brought to light is only that when a
> policy here might not be good enough for some situations,
> folks can go somewhere else and get it there by pushing
> policy through in that region where people are less
> conservative or less informed.

What should we do differently?

> Greets,
>  Jeroen

[1] You probably know this, but I like to repeat it from time
to time for people who are new to the conversation.