[ppml] Revising Centrally Assigned ULA draft

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Jun 18 14:42:40 EDT 2007

Leo,

Just to clarify:

On Jun 18, 2007, at 6:30 AM, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> In a message written on Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 04:06:47AM -0400, John
> Santos wrote:
>> It's easy to shoot down a proposal if you just assume it says
>> something
>> it doesn't.
>
> I wasn't addressing the proposal at all, I was addressing David
> Conrad's
> interpretation of it, and most importantly his question of what would
> happen if his view were to come true.

I am extrapolating based on behaviors I see being discussed or
implemented in all the RIRs regarding the liberalization of PI
allocation policies. Your extrapolation of my extrapolation made
assumptions that John is pointing out aren't necessarily valid.  The
availability of PI to anyone who asks does not imply that the address
space is routed nor does it imply PA space magically goes away or is
deaggregated.

Rgds,
-drc